Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Herbalism: Rosemary

I plan to become an herbalist in my life, and have decided to start now. I will be sharing and/or documenting all of my discoveries on my blog for all of you to view as well. Herbs are a very healthy alternative to drugs or medicines, if used correctly and wisely.

Today's herb of the day: Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)





Rosemary is used very widely in aromatherapy. In fact, it is the second most commonly used herb world-wide. Second in line to Lavender.

USES:
Abdominal pains, insomnia, anxiety, depression, basically, it's very calming.
It can also lower blood pressure, help keep a sharp memory, prevent baldness, you can use it in soaps and shampoos! Rosemary has so many uses, it's crazy.
And we all know how delightful it tastes.


Ancient Greeks, Romans and Egyptians thought of Rosemary as a holy plant, and would burn it while worshiping their gods! 




No comments: